Click here to print a New Membership Application 2015-2016 Membership Application.
The Women's Bar Association of Illinois is the only statewide bar association for women in Illinois. Our members include partners and associates of large, medium, and small firms, sole practitioners, law professors, judges, political icons, public servants and in-house counsel. The WBAI serves as an influential voice that promotes and lobbies the interests of all women through its active involvement with legislative initiatives and public policy.
Just as importantly, the WBAI fosters strong relationships with seasoned professionals in the fields of both law and business and provides attorneys with exposure within the legal community via:·
- Networking events and mentoring opportunities throughout the year in which new or current members can interact with other professionals.
- A series of lectures and educational events concerning timely legal issues.
- Leadership opportunities within any one of our 29 committees.
- Publishing articles of interest to both Illinois and women attorneys in our Newsletter.
- Opportunities to participate in the screening of our judiciary.
- Access to business contacts and referral sources.
- Volunteer opportunities with service projects and outreach programs in the community.
The WBAI is not just a professional organization. It is an organization comprised of strong friendships and opportunities which allow women to connect, grow, and advance in many different ways.
Updated: August 1, 2011 6:15 pm